Get This Widget

Friday, September 23, 2011



A STOCKING CAT


“Ouch!””Whose cat is it?”Nadia, my younger sister yelled and gave Orange a what-so-called “high kick”. I immediately ran to her room.”Nadia!”I called out her name fiercely. I’ve never been so rude and harsh to her before. But that time, I cannot endure it anymore.”How could you!”.”What you’ve done?”I asked her while pointing towards Orange who lay down on the floor feebly. He was still in shock. I wondered and started to worry about him whether he had any fracture or not due to the “high kick” that Nadia just gave him. ”Did you ask me what I’ve done?”She asked rudely.”You better ask your ‘boyfriend’ what it had done”.”You better keep that “pig” away from my room; it is such a wild cat!”She added with non-stop comments on Orange. What the hell she called Orange a pig. He is definitely a cat. She always calls Orange as pig as she thinks that he is very fat and lazy. I felt like I wanted to slap her on her face but I can’t. She is my sister though.

”Damn it, my goodness, I just saw something bleeding. I’ll be blame off for sure. Aya’s right leg was bled. There was a scar. We paused for a while. I pretended that I saw nothing.But, unfortunately she realized it. Then I asked her, “Did you see what I see?” .It was actually  just a joke for me to make the situation better;.Aya started to cry like a baby after she saw the blood. I panicked.”Mami!”Aya shouted calling for our mom. What I felt like I wanted to maul Orange for what he had done. But not too harsh. When I turned around, Orange was missing. Completely missing .How fast he was.I thought he was not fine before because he look like he was about to die. Then,I wondered how he can escaped that sudden because he  is such a slow mover. Sometimes I feel like I want to give him a butt kick so that he can move faster. I think he is slower that an ant. He does know me better. If he commits any mistakes, I will haunt after him immediately. And I think that was how he got the courage to move faster than ever-to escape from me.

“What is going on here?”My mom asked.”That pig, her pig tried to kill me “Aya pointed on me. I wondered how a cat’s scar can kill a human except for giving you a scar. It is not really serious injury though. Orange just inflicted a slight wound upon her leg using his nails. Orange never did it to me before. I think she deserve it because she always curse Orange inside with no reasons. That is why we said that everything happen for a reason. Before, I once tried to cut Orange’s nails because it looks so scary and sharp, but my brother stopped me to do so. He said that the nails are as the “weapon” to protect a cat. If he is in danger, he’ll use his nails.

”Don’t be too much Aya; it is just a small cut!”I defense and my mom interfered, “And it is just a cat”.”Stop all this fuss because of a cat”.”I told you that animal is animal”.”They know nothing” I became so pissed off of these three; my mom, Aya and Orange. My mom once told me that she wanted to give Orange to others because Orange is growing older and become so so stubborn; I think he copied me a lot-blush to confess, but I objected and promised her that I will teach him well and be good. I cannot stand to see others holding and having things that I love a lot and used to be mine. I won’t let them. I swear. If only the things missing or they die, I think I willingly let them go, for the heaven’s sake. Orange is not naughty but an active cat. It is normal for a cat. If not, don’t call him a cat. Call him a Koala who just manages to stay still and do nothing. Is it having no senses? Living with nothing to do and to bother about. You better jump into the river and you’ll know at least you have to do something to survive.

I like Orange because he is so so so active and witty. Jumping here and there, climbing here and there and the best things are peeing and pooping here and there. He once broke my mom vase, peed on my mom’s carpet and made scars on my mom’s leather sofa. I cannot simply beat or punish him because I have promised to his late mom that I will take a good care of him or his late mom will come after me, haunting for me for my entire life. Fine! I disappear urgently haunting for Orange. I was so so pissed off.
On my way haunted for him, I grabbed my mom’s cane. I know what I should do. I should teach him a bit. I have never punished him or beat him before even though I am truly got mad on him because when I am trying to do so, I cannot endure it. I melted like vanilla ice cream; my favorite ice cream, because of his cuteness and playfulness. I cannot endure it.”Orange, come out!”.”Orange!”I called him several times.”Ok then, I’ll count until 3, if not, I’ll finish you boy!”I warned him. I feel like my heart is bursting out. He doesn’t want to surrender this time. How dare he was. I felt like I want to eat him up. And that was all that mattered why I gave him “Orange name”. He is as cute as an orange. He always tried to make me to transform into a monster. I was totally got mad.

And for sure I am not going to eat him up. I once read an article about cat eaters.”Eewww !” and “Dam nit !”How distasteful and cruel they are. Are they lack of food supplies or what? Then I’ll give you my leftovers! Its sounds rude but the fact that I hate humans who like to eat cat. How can they eat furry and cute things? I cried a lot reading that articles. And I Immediately embraced Orange and said “If they eat you, I’ll eat them back for sure”. Can I? No! I won’t eat human like in “Wrong turn”. It’s inhumane and violence.At least I will kidnap their cat as the compensate.
Then, I felt something soft smoothly rubbed against my legs. It tickled me.” You!”I shouted to him and move a bid from him to let him facing me.”What you have done?”I asked him. He ducked like a duck; now he transform into a duck after became a pig; like Aya said before, without any respond and he even not tried to get close to me again as usual. He might know his mistake. Then I bent near him and grabbed his right leg roughly. Not too rough.Just so so. He has two pairs of weird legs. His legs are white in color whereas his upper and other part of body is completely orange in colour.He is look like as he is wearing stockings. My brother called him as ‘an orange cat that fell into white paint’.”Oh my cutie pie “I said secretly in my heart. I beat him as like I am giving him a corporal punishment. Actually enjoyed did it. I felt like I am a mom who punished her son.

”Meow “, I called for Orange.”Breakfast baby” Today’s menu is bread and strawberry jam.We does share the same favorite breakfirst meal; bread and strawberry jam. Actually he eats bread every day. He only manages to eat bread and cats’ foods. He will refuse to eat any leftovers or humans’ food or even mouse. Such a weirdo. And that is why I love him. He is very demanding. Sometimes I called him ‘Prince’ and he has a disease called as ‘Prince Disease’. I think he is cute. I cannot stand to laugh when I flashbacking the time when I gave him a fried fish for dinner. He choked because of the fish and vomited everything that he ate. How come a cat cannot eat fish? Then,I think that I should call him as pig or duck.No-no.I won’t. Cat is cat.

I am proud of him because he is a cat who does not like to haunt. I noticed that he was not like other cats. He was like asking me a very difficult question when I once asked him to haunt for mice. He seemed wanted to know why he had to learn to hunt. Because he didn't like hunting at all. It reminded me how Garfield help his mouse friends to sneak in into John’s kitchen to steal foods.They are very cute as friends.

I also found an interesting story of a cat;”A confession of a cat”. A cat confessed that; 'People don't realize how hard that is for cats. Cats adore mice. Killing is not in their nature. But people even think cats like catching mice! They believe all kinds of nasty things about us, just because we like to play tag with everything that moves.'
'It began with one of our ancestors. One day a great-great-great-great-great –great- great-great-great-great-great –great-great grandfather was playing tag in the forest with some mice and other friends. They had a lot of fun. But suddenly a human appeared. One of the cats was so startled by the large hairy creature, that he accidentally killed the mouse he just had in his mouth. The human saw that and immediately thought of the mice in his cabin that he would rather be rid off. So he convinced the cats to go home with him. He promised to feed them every day if they would keep his cabin free of mice. And so they did. For in those days you were glad if you had something to eat and were not eaten yourself.'

So does Orange do. I’ll make sure that he is always overfed and not starving and tend to eat a mice. No! No!I know that he hate to eat something tasteless. I seem to know Orange better like a mom do. I am her mom. So what? Orange did have a mother but I am the one who responsible for his suffer. I was committing a sin --a deadly sin. I am the one who separated them. I have to send her mom away to some other place because she had a weird disease; some kind of skin disease. She had cuts here and there and bleeding everywhere. She smelled so fishy. All of our neighborhood flies came to visit our house. My family cannot endure it and asked me to send her away. I first refused it, and then when I thought that she is getting older and will die someday, I willingly sending her away.

On our way there; sent her away, we were completely mute. She was not making any fuss or noise. She was sitting on there; at the passenger seat quietly. I knew that she already had an idea what I will do. I knew that she have feelings and emotions too. But I can saw that she was not happy or even sad. I don’t know what she felt inside. She looked so calm. Then, I tried to talk to her.”Sorry, I have to”. I am not looking at her as I was driving; actually, I cannot stand to face her. Suddenly, tears streamed down on my face. I cannot hold it little longer. I feel like I am dying. How could I be so cruel?” I’ll take a good care of your son “I promised her. During that time, Orange was still small; very very small. She still breastfed him during that time. Still a baby.Now, he is 18 and I am 19.The time when I let her go; put her on the ground, she never looked back. I felt so guilty.Untill now…What a deadly sin I’ve committed.
“Meow” I called him again. I was not heard any bells’ ring. He actually wears a collar. The collar always ringing when he is running or even walking because he has such a all-moving-body. He’ll sway every part of his body when walking. I love to see his butt swaying. So-so-so-cute and again I feel like I want give him a “butt kick”. Usually I only have to call him once or twice, because I once told him that ‘If I told you once, I told you twice’, then he will come immediately as he is a heavy eaters and he is very gourmand; not because he afraid that I will get mad.He will keep meowing if I  forgot to feed him. I wondered where he is. I looked into his cage, he was not there and he is never been there. He hated to be kept into the cage. He hates to be locked up. He always wants some freedom. He actually like to rebel.

I went out of the house to look for him. I wondered why he is not around. He usually attends me wherever I went. He was even with difficulty that I could prevent him from following me through the streets. He never played far from my house. I  became worried. Where is he? Is he avoided my presence? Is he sulking because I beat him yesterday? Is he running away from home?”Oh no!”I spoke to myself.Before,I once scolded him and he sulked and refuse to eat. He is very sensitive cat. He might run away because he thought that I do not love him anymore. I ran to the yard. He is not there. I look into my mom’s vases. Am I crazy? He is not there for sure. He might trap in it. He is too big for the slim vase. He is nowhere to be found.”Hmmm...”I sighed. Life might be bored without him.

I was especially fond of animals. I even had rabbits, birds, hamsters and tortoise and fish before. With these I spent most of my time, and never was as happy as when feeding and caressing them .But they were not last longer. They die at a very sudden. I have no idea why. My mom said that I fed them too much. I think so. I just worried that they might die because of starvation or hunger. That will make me feel guilty for my entire life. But then, I felt less guilty because they were dead not because of hunger, but because of overeating or obesity. At least they enjoy their life before and die happily. I hope they are in heaven now.
I cannot stand to touch any cats that I found even they are dirty and not so attractive at all. They look so pity and just need some love from me. My parent always gets mad at me because I always touch the cat that I found in a restaurant or wet market. They said that they are dirty. Then I happily said with wide smiley face “Never mind, I already apply the sanitizer on my hand”. Then they portrayed the “whatever” expressions in their faces.

That is nothing to worry about. I always have a hand sanitizer and cat’s food in my handbag. I will bring it everywhere I go. I always think that how Orange alone could enjoy his life hence his friends is suffering because of poverty. I just want to share some love with others. I do love stray cat more than “Siamese cat”. Siamese cat is too arrogant, slow and choosy. They are not playful at all. They like to eat and sleep and eat and sleep again and again till they die. I feel like I want to give them a butt kick.
My parents previously not really like cats because of their “nose itchy” fur.Furthermore,I am allergy with cats’ fur,powder,flower buds, or even dusts and I also have asthma. I will keep sneezing to death after get near to them. But for me, if you never try, you never know. I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong. I am willing to endure with them. As time passess, without realizing that, I used to them. I have no such allergy anymore. That is miracle. For me, cat is also God’s creature. Nothing bad about them. I paused a while. Why I am thinking and flashbacking too much. I am trying to get to the previous track.”Oh no!”I where the hell he is.I almost forgot about his missing.

I looked for him all over my house. That was useless.”Where is he?”I wondered to myself. Then I thought, he is already 18.He knows to take care of himself. Maybe he went out to get some fresh air.Then,I gave up. I went to my room quiet motionless wondering what I am going to do without him. There is no fun without him. I am like a kite without a thread when he is not around.”What a boring weekend “I sighed. He is my favorite pet and playmate. Without him, I am nothing.So,I wandered lonely as a cloud back to my room.

I heard a light bell rang.”I think I got you buddy!”I said secretly in my heart.”Boo!”I tried to surprise him. Usually he will jump like crazy when he is in shock. I will laugh crazily because of his cuteness.”Kakak…”Sara, my youngest little sister whimpered. It was not him. It was Sara. Sara wears a bracelet with a bell pendant. They sound alike sometimes.”How much tires a car got?”She asked at a very instant. She always gives me riddles.”Four for sure, can’t you see?”I replied while showed her the car toys.”No! “She said.”No?”I asked her. I widened my eyes as big as a fish to scare her.”It got five because of the spare tyre”She replied.Pissed off? Yet, mad was I not. I am a good sister. I went close to her.”Got you cutie!”I hold her in my arms. I put her on the bed and tickled her. She laughed like a machine gun; a nonstop laugh. Then I stopped and ran away as fast as I can before she gave me her revenge. I left her room. In our family, me and Sara are the most witty and playfull.We love to play around and make a fool of others.
I straightaway went to my room because there is no room left; Sara’s room is beside mine.I hold the door’s knob and pushes the door. My eyes widened as big as the fishes’ eyes.”You!”I yelled.”Is that a real you! “I asked. Orange is sleeping on my “Princess Bed.”How could you?”I asked him.”I am looking for you like crazy and by the way are you a gay?”I always make a fool of him called him a gay because he likes pink things. He once stole my pink handkerchief and brings it around.Besides; he is like a female cat. He is very afraid of other cat who is even smaller them him.

I went to get him. I put him on my shoulder. I can even felt his warmest body. And I can smell the scent of “Sunsilk” shampoo from his body. I hold him tight. I got my nose close to his nose; like kissing.”I love my boyfriend” I joked around. As Aya said that Orange is my “boyfriend”.Yes, he is. A boy friend of mine.”I remembered before, Orange brought home a female cat. Maybe she was his girlfriend. He acted like he asked for my blessing of their relationship. I am so proud of him. He became an adult now.But,it was not last longer. Two weeks afterwards, he brought home other female cat. A Siamese cat. She was so beautiful with smooth and clean fur.”Hmmm….”I sighed. I blushed to confess it. Orange is a two-timer now. I don’t even know what is so good and attractive about Orange. How can girls-female cat crazy for him. I cannot stand to laugh when my neighbor’s female cat run after Orange. I had no idea why. Maybe she got rejected of him. Maybe.

“Argh ….”I yawned. I was so sleepy. Then we had our “cat nap” together.It was such a bed of roses.But my  bed was not full with roses but full with Orange’s fur.What a pleasant situation I had;spending time with my beloved playmate;Orange a.k.a Stockings Cat.

hasil nukilan : nur fadziha

2 comments: